Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Rainy Day

Today the sun has decided to boycott Chico CA. It's in the 40s and rainy... Fortunately Pamela thought ahead and booked a suite for us this trip, so we have elbow room to help fight the cabin fever. The farm is big, but the house is small, so we're better off cooling our heels here in town until tonight, when we have a nice Xmas Eve feast out there. We had a great evening there last night too: A neighbor had made a big batch of venison stew, which was rich and delicious. Isaac totally lost it around 7pm PT (9pm CST, which he is still clinging to), throwing lincoln logs and punching people... Boy needs a bit more rest.

Funny thing about a King Size Bed: It is like a million times larger than a Queen Size. You wouldn't think the difference would be that big, but we are able to get all 4 of us into the king here comfortably... at least until Bella decided she wanted NO covers, and that meant I got no covers, and that meant that one of us needed to hit the couch (I was voting for Bella, since she was being the midnight stinker about it... but it wound up being me). But even with just two in a King, it's like there's a whole area code between you, which is really nice when one of the two of you is a snorer. It does make cuddling something you need to plan for a bit more. Got to get the GPS fired up and all to find the other side.

Right now, Isaac is having a good long nap, which he'll need to get us through a little later tonight, and I'm watching the fort. I had a little too much caffeine to nap properly. The girls are out getting henna on their hands, the boys are seeing a movie, so I watched a show or two and have finished my book as well.

Yesterday Bella saw a wind-up toy crab in a toy store around the corner, and had a fit when it wasn't bought for her. I was up here with Isaac so I didn't see it in person but I heard about it. And apparently it was the LAST ONE. So when I went out for coffee today I stopped in, looked in the wind-up area, and found a single windup toy crab... decided to get it I mean, I had the parameters - red wind up crab, only one left. I proudly walked in, and showed it to Pamela, who shook her head. No, there was ANOTHER ONE that she had her heart set on. So that crab is staying in the pocket for now... No need to cause a scene.

I'm hoping everyone is having a good few days - I know I am. I might just be RELAXING a little.

No comments: