Saturday, November 04, 2006

Clown Family

We have Jenny here again for an overnight - Once a month, Jenny stays here, and Bella stays there. They're having a wonderful time together.

Today as we were driving home (Jenny, Bella, and I) from a birthday party at a roller rink, Bella was telling Jenny a joke and I was laughing... Bella said "no listening - I'm talking to JENNY!!!!" and I covered saying "Oh, I'm just laughing at something else." Suspicious, Bella demanded to know WHAT I was laughing at then... I said "I just saw a clown driving a car".

Bella reflected for a moment and asked "What if WE were clowns? All of us? Isaac could be Baby Clown, I could be Big Sister Clown, Jenny could be Other Big Sister Clown, you could be Daddy Clown, and Mommy would be Mommy Clown!!!!"

I laughed at the idea, especially considering Pamela's morbid fear of clowns.

Bella paused and said "Hey - we already ARE a clown family. I mean, we ARE pretty funny".

We had the first of the November Birthday Dinners at El Meson in Minneapolis, an Iberian/Carribean restaurant. We had Paella, and many other delicious things, including the best Flan I've had ever. Bella and Jenny were in tow, and were PERFECT restaurant girls. There was a guitar and conga combo playing behind us, and Bella was quite fascinated: When we go to the music store (Guitar Center), she always loves playing the Congas, so she really was watching the man playing that wonderful hand drum. Isaac was pretty good, but got into his 7pm Cranky Phase.. we had to do some bouncing to help him chill.

Everyone's asleep in the house but me now. Isaac passed out on my chest after a baba, burp, poop, baba, and burp as Pamela put the overtired girls to bed, then herself. Now I'm going to finish a few more BrainFlexes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Clown Family! Thanks for the story!
It is now the 5th of November and clowns should be welcome in the world which needs to enjoy a good belly laugh. Start practicing your "ho ho ho's" now.

Keep celebrating!