Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday

First off... let me just say WHEEEEEEE what a great day after the election! I'm very excited to see the what's going to happen with some real checks and balances back in place in government. I'm a little sleepy from watching the races all night... but it's a happy tired.

Moving on...

Today while watching Oprah with Mommy, Bella asked "Why is she always talking to people she doesn't even KNOW?" Good question.

Pamela called me at work today announcing she was getting sick, so I rushed home and took the kids while she napped. We had a great evening out, going to the burrito store, grocery store.... but NOT the Apple Store nor Guitar Center today. I still haven't figured out the Isaac dimension for those two.

We got a new stroller today - which was only a few days too late: On Friday, I had taken the kids out for the afternoon, and almost broke my arms clear off holding Bella AND the baby seat with jumbo Isaac. At the end of the day, I was pushing Bella in a stroller while toting Isaac on the arm... it was a good workout I guess.

The new stroller is a double, with room for two kids strapped in, or one kid and one car seat. It collapses and sets up very easily, and feels very solidly built. So we took it for a test drive tonight - it did well through Babies R Us and Best Buy. Bella wanted me to bring it into the grocery store, but I tried to explain how I would also need to push the cart. Bella offered that she could sit in the front of the stroller and push the cart for me. What a train that would be.

Finally, the shoe finally dropped at my work: one of my team members was let go. She was the kind of person who worked 70 hours a week, but could never tell you when something was going to be done. We had really hoped that things would work out, but when we went live, her part of the application was revealed to have been rather poorly built in the financial area, and 3 weeks later there are still charges that haven't posted, and the CFO is hopping mad. It didn't help when he came to a meeting and asked WHEN things would get better, and she wouldn't commit to a date.

So she's officially pursuing other opportunities, which I believe means she was cashed out of 3 months of PTO and given 3 more months of severance... and we'll just have to go from there.

And now it's back to my brainflexes - I need to get caught up, after this election mayhem!

No comments: