Sunday, November 19, 2006

Family Fun

With Birthday Season well under way, we had a fun change from our typical "have a blow out in a restaurant" affair - we went to Dad and Karen's, and had the pleasant surprise of Steve and Lorna, good family friends to celebrate an evening with a fire, steaks, crab legs, key lime pie, coffee, and a touch of good port. It was very relaxed and we loved the evening!

During the day Saturday, we were out most of it, seeing Santa's arrival at Bachman's: He was drawn by a sole reindeer, but it was dramatic. Then his annual comedy show, and pictures with the kids. As usual, Bella refused to smile with him, so the pictures had the look of duty more than joy, but they'll do the trick!

Afterwards, I was off to "Body Jam", which is an aerobic workout with dancing rather than working a step. THIS is what I was going off to when I got the call about Isaac, and I hadn't made it to a Jam session since... (Side note - for 3 weeks now I HAVE been back on the exercise wagon, going 2-3 times a week to my weights class - and I feel GREAT). Back to Jam. Around 1/4 of the way into it, Pamela and the kids showed up to watch daddy prance and crump... and within minutes, Bella joined me out on the floor. She was watching the instructor intently, and really working on her dance moves. She approached it very seriously, and she was actually pretty darn good at it. So now I'm thinking she can join me for Jam every week... perhaps?

Today, Bella and I had a date to go see Happy Feet. What a great movie. The trailers made it look like "Cute Robin Williams Penguin Movie", but really it was so much better: Tapping by Savion Glover, and a really good ecological message... and boy, I'm going to have a hard time going to a zoo ever again. Made by the same guy who did Babe, which had it's own subversive messages, this one takes stabs at religious orthodoxy too, and hugo weaving was spectacular as the penguin "pope".

Allright, a quick update, but I have to go clean the house - we have guests coming this week: Papabam and Lilli arrive Tuesday for the holidays!

No comments: