Monday, November 06, 2006

In the sweatshop

I now have a system for making Brainready Worksheets - several at a time. The goal is to have 28 ready for publication in an actual BOOK pretty soon... I'm having a lot of fun. There are 9 on the website now, 11 in the hopper, and I'm working on the final 8. Then I need to reformat them to greyscale, remove the color-based puzzles, add a new puzzle for the back (since a book of them doesn't need the intro to Brainready on every page), create an introduction and some tips for getting the most out of it, design a cover... hey that sounds like work. But FUN work, and I think the proof will be together within 2 weeks.

Tonight, I put some GEEK terms in for the vocabulary on one sheet - and one of the terms is "1337", which is number-speak for LEET, short for "Elite", which then means "Cool" or "Superior" in geek parlance. I bring this up because I went the grocery store to stock up on some supplies and was near ecstatic when my total was $133.37, and I exclaimed "I'm LEEEET!" The cashier sort of raised her eyebrows, which naturally I took as an opening to explain the whole thing. I don't think she was terribly impressed, but the bag boy gave me a knowing nod... he knew I was 1337. Or 13337.

I only wish my wife could have been there to see the geekiness first hand.

Tonight, as I'm working on my worksheets, I have Isaac on the swing before me, where he has alternated between gazing at me, smiling and cooing, nodding off, and doing a crazy fish thrashing move which seems to indicate "DAD, Look at my neck muscles - NEVER leave me alone on a changing table because I will TOTALLY somersault off." He's also enjoying standing up... With all his verbal cooing and physical ability, I'm afraid he's going to be walking by 4 months and joining debates by 6.

Still, it's just wonderful to be sitting here working on puzzles to help stimulate the brain with an audience... whose brain I can only wonder and marvel at.

Finally, we're going to get a visit from Justin the ex-Manny this week, to allow Pamela and I go see Borat and get some dinner... I just cannot wait!!!

Back to the digital sweatshop now - must make more brain exercises!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am learning so much just reading the blogs and sheets. A book? May it be so!
Remember how we did the Torrance Creativity tests as a game when you were little? This work reminds me of that time. Wonderful story about the sweatshop and Mr. Owl. Owl Junior. We used to get similar comments about you when you were tiny, by the way, OK. I'll stop embarrassing you. Love, though.