Saturday, November 25, 2006

Two in One

Isaac continues to amaze as wonderbaby. Last night, he was clearly tracking action on the TV as we watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (which was just a crazy movie - I had forgotten much of it!). Then he delighted us with but one wakeup in the night... Today, however, we're seeing him gnawing on things and the drool is starting... can teething be far behind?

This morning I had a bit of a jump on the rest of the house, so I took advantage of the window to go do some exercising. I did my weights course, and then I don't know what possessed me, but I decided to stay and do another hour of step aerobics. So it was two hours of high intensity workout. I thought I was going to pass out. Luckily there was a quiche right across the street to help me through the protein crisis. Then I skulked off to home for a short nap (though unusually, there was no actual sleep - just me lying there thinking while my body did it's very best to NOT BE MOVING).

Tonight was the final round of Leftovers as far as I'm concerned, and they were great. We watched Elf, which is truly Will Ferrill's finest work as a spaz. Bella was laughing throughout, which was fun to see. When we watched Rudolph earlier, she simply steeled herself from the get-go for the inevitable appearance of the Abomnable Snowman, who she is no great fan of.

PapaBam and Lilli will head back to Chicago tomorrow, with full bellies and hopefully having had a great trip. I've loved having them here, and I appreciated that they let me have space to take this vacation weekend as decompression therapy. I'm really starting to feel leveled, which is nice. I'm feeling a bit bad about my B-Day proper, where I feel like I was still in high-stress mode, and maybe didn't loosen up to celebrate properly. I think that if given a do-over today, I would definitely loosen the tie and have some more giggles.

And now, it's late and I'm off to bed!

No comments: