Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Birthday....

TO ME.

I rang in the new year last night by seeing Beowulf with a few buddies... IN 3D. It was an odd movie. Definitely some fun stuff in there, some cool 3D effects, but the entire movie was undone by the horrible dead-eyed cyberpuppets that Zemeckis seems compelled to make his movies with. Of particular note, the Queen and Beowulf's consort: I've seen more compelling virtual actress performances in the Barbie Fairytopia movies.

Given that the whole movie takes place in around a 5 square mile area, it's not as though the sets were SO fantastic they needed CGI to make it happen, either. This movie could/should have been done for under half the cost, blending live action and CGI. But hey, I'm not a moviemaker. I just like movies.

Today Bella and Isaac woke up before 7, and I got the kind birthday gift of a little sleep in... since I didn't get to bed until 1:30. The sleepin ended when Bella decided enough was enough and I needed to get up. At 7:30. Pulling my covers off and hollering. I love that girl.

My former college roommate and best man Erik is flying in today, joining me for the holiday and gadding about for the long weekend! For now, we're just tidying up, and getting started on the cooking - Pamela did a TON of prep work, so today shouldn't be too intense. It's a small Thanksgiving this year - just the four of us and Erik. It'll be a nice relaxing day, and a fine way to ring in the fourth decade.

1 comment:

Paul said...

OH NOES!!! Jim si teh BIRTHDAY BOY!!!?!?!

Happy birthday, dogg.