Thursday, November 29, 2007

Kindle Update

I've finished reading my first book on Kindle, and it was GOOD. Both the book and the experience. The go-anywhere, instant-on nature of the Kindle made it possible for me to read a 350 page book in the edges and corners of my days - waiting in lines, killing a few minutes waiting for tea to brew, a few pages while the kids were playing well...

I'm realizing that the best use is to keep it close at hand, and pick it up when a moment presents itself. For as large as it is, it does fit easily into my coat pocket, AND it clips nicely onto the outside of my moleskine, so it's no fuss to carry around.

The newspaper delivery has actually improved in the week I've owned it: The NY times is sending along more pictures, which do help add context to the stories.

You're not tied to the Amazon content: I do have a few E-books in TEXT and HTML format, and I sent one along to Kindle (you just email it to your device), and it's the second book I'm reading now.

So one week in, and I've got solid use out of this device every day. We'll see how this goes!

No comments: