Sunday, August 10, 2008

Hit the road Jack

It's time for our annual pilgrimage to "The Lake" - Papa and Bama have arrived with the improbably 12-year old Lilli in tow (complete with goth vampire novel and assorted Manga comics to entertain her). We're piling into the rented minivan for a week, and hope that the world can survive in our absence.

There may be a few updates from up there: It is the 21st century, and Wifi exists just about everywhere, doesn't it?

In the meantime, I've made it clear that this week is not about work: Even though I actually have 4 hot sales prospects cooking, I've sloughed them off to my boss and while I'll bring the Berry along for quick replies, the work laptop (on which "real work" would be done) is safely on my desk in Golden Valley, likely to have a nice vacation from being turned on. No, I'll be reading a good Sci Fi book (finally tackling Matter by Iain M Banks), reviewing fitness materials, and continuing to refine my sermon for the wedding I'll be performing in 3 weeks... 3 WEEKS!!!!???!!!!

Take care, see you in a week!

No comments: