Wednesday, August 06, 2008

New Yawk

Monday afternoon, we got a call from a potential client in NYC wanting to know if we wanted to meet this week to talk about a big project. Naturally we said yes indeed, so my boss and I are in the middle of a 13 hour visit to "The City"

A 9am flight, 1pm landing, a town car into the city. We walked into the neighborhood a bit (33rd and 2nd ave) and found an italian place: Split two entrees - Penne alla Vodka and neopolitan pizza with sausage and pepperoni - both were flat out amazing.

We walked back to the meeting, and had a great 90 minute conversation with the client: They're just starting and are looking for advice as well as resources, so we were able to really share some of our experience, and position ourselves to help with the project directly.

Now we're in the Worldclub killing 45 minutes before the flight home - we'll be home in the home airport by 10 and home by 11. Not too bad, and it feels like a good trip.

I must say that even though it was a short visit, I still wound up loving every minute of it - this is such a cool city, and I NEED to get a big project here so that I have more excuses to visit.

No comments: