Thursday, September 04, 2008

Alien Bella

Tonight Bella was full of cosmic questions: "Do you think there are really aliens on the moon?"

I said I didn't really know - we've never SEEN one, but I think they exist out in the universe somewhere.

"Did you know that even though the sun is far away, you could get burned up by it if you were in space?"

Yes, I did know - and can you imagine how hot it is if you were closer to it?

"If you tried to stand on the Sun, the lava would totally melt you and you'd die".

Agreed.

"But you might then come back as an alien"

And what would Bella as an alien look like?

"I'd be all blue, with green spots on my back. I'd have blue antennae, with orange balls on the ends of them. I'd have 99 arms and four, no, six legs. My arms and legs would be orange. My fingernails would be black, but my toenails would be white. AND SHARP! I'd have two strips of eyes going all the way around to the back of my head, a short orange snout kind of like an elephant, and I'd have black teeth from eating lots of candy and marshmallows. Oh, and one more thing - on my back, I'd have spikes".

It sounds like she's got it all worked out then. I'd love to draw this creature, but am a bit baffled as to how to draw 99 arms - I'm thinking more of a tentacle mass, or perhaps a branching dendrite mass (3 main limbs, branching into 3 sub limbs, multiple times until the very ends are like tree branches....)

Day two of Isaac's no-baba zone has gone a little better... he certainly ate more food than I've seen him do before, which is wonderful, but he's still not quite to the volume necessary.... but I bet each day will get better. His spirits remain high.

Since last night was such a nightmare, I'm turning in early tonight for sure!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Three mindbending posts. Thank you. I am bedazzled. Life is very exciting for your big girl. Keep encouraging the stories - and those details seem enough to put her into the 1st grade right there. But go slow and enjoy.
Little Isaac will be a big boy too and he's working hard -sure sounds like it.
Bella's sense of what an alien would look like is very fun - Nature is so crazy over the top with forms that she can pick and choose and Nature would still come up with something more outlandish!.