Thursday, September 18, 2008

Still Alive, really

Yes I survived my big weekend of working out, and enjoyed life this past week... I am currently out in the outskirts of Madison attending the big user conference for the software my company specializes in supporting. Between the conference sessions, the schmoozing, and the "team building" I have had I think 15 total un-allocated minutes to myself since Sunday.

The 30 minute bus ride from the hotel to the conference has been ideal for my continued consumption of the Twilight series of books on my Kindle. I'm 1/4 through book 3 now, having suffered through the sub-Scooby Doo non-mystery of book two (though I do love the Italians), but also having thoroughly enjoyed book 1. It's fun reading for sure...

Pamela has been a complete saint these past 4 nights as I've been away - the kids are doing a bit of acting up/out and last night she got a total of 3 hours sleep the poor dear. I'm coming home today (leaving the conference in about an hour actually) so hopefully equilibrium will be restored. Plus, the fun is coming to town: PapaBam are coming for the weekend and into next week, which will be a lot of fun.

Well, I'm going to go and press the flesh for a while, putting on the good game face. I'll have more "fun" updates this weekend!

No comments: