Wednesday, July 12, 2006

As Bella went to sleep

A conversation with Bella tonight, as she was going to sleep:

B: "Why did mommy go out tonight?"
J: "To find more cool things for your room!"
B: "I don't like "cool things". I like pretty things. Like Pink and Purple things. I also like black and white things... Those are my favorite colors"
J: "What colors DON'T you like?
B: "I don't like Brown very much"
J: "Who does like brown?"
B: "Charlie. He likes Brown a lot. His brother William... I don't think he likes brown quite so much."

B: "I have white skin. It's kind of old though - I've had this skin on for more a week or more. I should put on some new skin. Maybe I'll try some brown skin! Or just more skin like my skin. I've never seen anyone with Pink or Purple skin - that would be neat!"
J: "I think my skin is sort of pink...."
B: "REALLY!!!! THAT IS SO COOL. I have purple skin then!"
J: "Are you from Mars?"
B: "What is Mars?"
J: "It's a planet way up in the sky - another world".
B: "Well, that's probably where I came from then... MARS!!!!!"

And then, channeling a 1930's movie vamp:
B: "Why do I have to go to sleep? The sun is still up!"
J: "Because it's time!"
B: "But the sun is up!"
J: "That doesn't matter...."
B: "Oh what a boring thing to say...."

(at this point, she rolled over and dropped off to snoozerland).

No comments: