Monday, July 17, 2006

A busy weekend

Two big things for the weekend: First, Bella had a fun overnight with her friend Jenny. They were together for over 24 hours, and slept in the same room - and boy, it was just a delightful time. They had non-stop playing from wake to sleep. They set up a big "store" with all of the fake food, having sorted it into categories first.

My favorite was when they decided to go to California. They took every toy from the first floor and packed it into something. Then they packed all of the suitcases and baskets under the dining room table. They then set up chairs and a table in front of the packing, and "drove" to California.

During the drive, Bella took a "cell phone" call: "Oh, I'm sorry, I can't meet you at Southdale. Yeah... we're going to California. See you!"

When they arrived, they went to check into the hotel, and moved all of their posessions into the other half of the room. Remarkably silly stuff.

On Saturday AM, I got to play too: I helped a neighbor set up his Bose surround sound system. Jeff is a carpenter, so the fun of the project was running the wires into the walls - He brought out all of his tools, and the drill assortment was simply amazing. One bit was nearly 3 feet long (intended for running phone cabling). We got it all done in a few hours, and later I calibrated the system... boy, I'd say those Bose systems sound very very good! I am feeling a sense of covetitiousness. I am wanting. But I will be strong.

No comments: