Friday, July 21, 2006

A long day

Today didn't seem like it was going to be oh so very long, but indeed it became so. It all started early, when a seemingly innocuous "upgrade" being put in my my infrastructure department started showing signs of being... not so innocuous. I'll spare you the gory details... but it was one of those days when one problem revealed another one... and the solution started getting worse: in the end, my whole team wound up with a half day of downtime, and ONE of my team members wound up losing most of her work for the past month....

If the bad news had come up all at once, that would have been one thing, but today was like a water torture - drip.... drip.... drip.... One shoe drops, then an hour, then another, then another shoe drops.... It was a loooong day.

Once I got home, the family recharged me wonderfully. We went to Lake Calhoun, and had a fish dinner at the pavillion, and then Bella and Jenny played for a good hour. It was just fun.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend: since last weekend, Jenny spent the night here, this weekend is payback. Bella's off to Jenny's house. We're going off to a night in a fancy hotel, good dinner, breakfast in the room, and late checkout. It'll be a wonderful time!

Work did it's best to wear me out today, and it got pretty close. But the weekend is here, I've had a great evening, and I'm looking forward to a GREAT weekend!

No comments: