Monday, September 18, 2006

CRAZY BUFFET!

It's been a while since I've talked about food (forgetting for a minute my obsession with Egginahole). So here goes.

In the months I've been at my current client, I've had a hankering for chinese food which has gone unsated. There's a suspicious place 100 feet away called "Panda" which never seems open, and the one time I did see it open, there was a single grim man inside. Panda seems doomed, and I'm not the one to help them. Sorry Panda.

But with some interest, I saw a sign a few weeks back in a strip mall 5 min away from work: "CRAZY BUFFET COMING SOON!!!!" My mind danced with what this crazy buffet could possibly entail. Well, they opened, and let me tell you, it's crazy. CRAZY EXCELLENT.

Here's what you get: Mongolian BBQ (you pick the ingredients for stirfry basically), sushi, salad bar, authentic chinese food (Shu Mai, potstickers, ribs) thai food (coconut curry shrimp, chicken), american chinese food (general tsos, sesame chicken, mongolian beef, Dan noodles, etc), american food (corn on the cob, fried chicken, bbq ribs, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes), desserts (cream puffs, pie, jello cubes, fruit), beverages, ice cream.... and so much more. There were 6 hot steam tables, 2 cold, the BBQ stand, the freezer...

The place is HUGE and clean, the waitstaff all wear red imperial dragon brocade jackets and keep everything clean and fresh...

AND it all cost $6.70 with tax. COME ON PEOPLE. In was in and outta there in 30 minutes. And it was DELICIOUS - at least better than any of the chinese buffets I've been at recently. This stuff's not going to win any world records, but it's very passably good. My stir fry was loaded with peapods, and the sauteed green beans were dee-lish too (yes, I did try to eat somewhat "well" there).

I know this is the new "fad" in chinese food eateries - there are a few others in town (China Moon is one), and I know they're in other cities too... but there is only one CRAZY BUFFET, and it is MY CRAZY BUFFET.

No comments: