Saturday, September 02, 2006

Minor Details

1) As Bella tried to wind down to sleep tonight, she revealed a few concerns:

- There's a purse that looks like a watering can that she wants, and she cannot understand why we haven't got it for her yet (hint - BIRTHDAY planning). But she says she's worried that by the time we DO say yes, they'll be all out of them - that everyone will have one but her.

- She's VERY concerned that even IF we got it for her, the FISH might say no, and she'd have to return it. We tried to explain that the Fish have very little say in household decisions... but it took some doing.

- A few weeks back, she dropped a tiny piece of plastic into the drain of the shower, and whoosh, it went away. She was inconsolable. And even weeks later, she is still leery about taking showers, let her precious toys get sucked into the nether. Tonight as she fell asleep, she decided that IF we got an Elephant in, he could stick his trunk down the drain and suck the toy back out.

2) Last week at the lake, Bella asked me if I could cut the tag off of one of her dolls. I said "Sure... I just need a mushroom. I mean scissors" But the damage was done. Pamela heard, and I'm afraid that scissors have become mushrooms in our home. And I don't know why I said mushroom. Why did I do that?

3) I just realized that what with the extra workout today, I exercised for around 2.5 hours today, and I'm not collapsing. Wow.

No comments: