Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Oof... crazy buffet.

I can't say what has possessed me, but I have now gone to CRAZY BUFFET three times in a row. Day one, it was me checking it out. Day two, we had 45 minutes to eat, and I brought one co-worker. Mongolian BBQ loaded with Peapods and Broccoli. Day three, we had 40 min to eat, and I brought two more. Day three I did not get the Mongolian BBQ.

I do not believe I will be going to CRAZY BUFFET tomorrow.

Pamela's iMac has AGAIN died: This is just a terrible computer, and I have vowed that this machine will not grace our counter again. This is its fourth death (third related to hardware), and horribly atypical of my Apple customer experience. It's 2.5 years old now... but come ON. Fortunately, after my experience back in June, I've been a total nut about backing up, so everything's there. I mean, I'm a total Apple evangelist, and this just irks me. When Pamela comes back, a different computer will be on her counter.

"Comes back?" you ask? Ah yes, Pamela is turning some special year next week, and to celebrate, I'm sending her off by herself to a spa in Arizona for 5 days. I used miles to get her there and back in first class (thank you flight attendants for NOT striking - I owe you one!)... And she'll have healthy activities and spa-liciousness to keep her occupied. I do NOT believe she will be attempting to learn any languages, nor any sudokus, nor crosswords.... we're just a little different.

I'm tapping into the wide area network to help with Bella, from neighbors and playdates to Grampette and overnights... and of course LOTS of one-on-one time with just the two of us. It'll be wonderful.

No comments: