Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Islands of sanity

Right away this week, it's been 10-12 hour days with my golive still on-target for 10/12. The mini joys and defeats are all blurring into a manic buzz, and I'm finding myself just tapped.... but I'm trying to find time. I've almost blogged little frustrations from work, and honestly, they come and go too quickly...

One thing that IS important: When I leave too early, I don't see Bella, because her mom is teaching her the fine art of sleeping in. On those days, i must come home at dinnertime, and I want to put her to bed. When I leave LATE, and have my breakfast with Bella, I can work a little longer into the evening if needed.

Today was an early day: I got up before 5 so I could work out (because exercise is also keeping me sane), and got home at 6pm... and Bella and I got a date night out: Burrito Store, Guitar Center, and Barnes and Noble. By Barnes, she just wanted me to carry her... and when we got home, she asked to go straight to bed, no stories please, just cuddles. It was a wonderful evening.

I'm trying to figure out what to do for Bella's music love: She said today she wants a keyboard, a drum set, and a guitar, and yes, she'll learn how to play them all. She's actually getting pretty decent on the drums at Guitar Center. I'm thinking perhaps a little Band Space in the basement, with keys, drums, and a guitar all at kid height, run through a little stereo (not too loud), and the neighborhook kids will all form a band! The guitar needs to be red or pink - that's for sure.

One final detail: As Pamela had been painting Bella's room, we had her moved into her old room... for the last 4-6 weeks. The goal was to keep her there until the room was totally done, so that Pamela could paint in the evenings. But for over 3 weeks, there hasn't been movement on that front, and tonight Bella in her sleepiness asked very nicely if she could please sleep in her big girl room because she's a big girl and she likes her room so much.... I couldn't say no.

I just need to figure out what to tell Pamela... ;->

No comments: