Sunday, September 10, 2006

Egg in the hole...

It was another Jenny and Bella overnight last night, and the squirrels were again a pleasure to have together from 9am Saturday to 9am this morning. This time out, they were a little more "visible" than usual - we had to intervene a few times and lead activities. This may be because both of them started up their school this week, and may have been just a little tired out. Bella was playing "Baby" a lot, and horror of horrors, she found a secret Pacifier cache in the house, and was pacifier baby. I have no idea where those came from...!

Even though I was invited to another BodyJam practice session, my daddy skills were so much in demand that I DID NOT GO to the wonderfulness. If that can even be believed. (To be fair, I did get my weights workout in... this would have been extra. And at the morning workout, they put me front and center in class and really worked on my technique - I got a brutal workout! I told them I really don't like attention at all, and that I was very shy. RIGHT.)

Daddo and the squirrels went to the car wash, and to Petsmart (to look at adoptable kittens - breaking my heart - and get fish food, as well as advice as to why our black goldfish suddenly got religion and turned gold (the answer: "Dunno")). Then to Target's cafeteria for Mac and Cheese and Cinnabon pretzed... such horrible decadance. I think Pixy Stix are actually better for you than Cinnabon. But the girls loved it.

Pamela worked on flowers for Alexander for church (we do this yearly around this time), and we went to the sanctuary as she set it up: We played hide and seek in the pews for over an hour while Pamela arranged the flowers. Here's what she was doing -

An 8 foot rod, hanging horizontal around 10 feet up across the back of the stage. Divided into thirds - the right and left third are shades of blue and violet ribbon forming a cascade. The middle third has some blue ribbons, but it mostly made up of white ribbons with small vials tied into them at 9-12 inch intervals (staggered) and in each vial is a white flower (snapdragon or rose). It's like a techno flower waterfall. Simply the most innovative arrangement I've ever seen constructed.

Dinner at the Cheesecake Factory - We tried to eat well, I had grilled salmon, Pamela a salad, the girls split a pizza... And the Apple store had no 24" iMacs for me to drool at, alas. Off to bed, and the girls had a harder time than usual winding down, but were asleep by 9 nonetheless (as was Pamela!)

This morning, the girls slept in to 7:45 and demanded pancakes immediately. We obliged. I also made bacon and Egg in the Hole (or Eggie in the Basket as it was referred to in the movie "V for Vendetta") I've never had this dish, but Evie sure seemed to love it in the movie, so I wanted to try it. AND IT WAS DELICIOUS. But now I'm feeling very logy from all of the grease and need to relax for a little while. As I was eating the egg-toast treat I was stating proudly that "I'd never eat eggs any other way". I think I can back off of that statement now. "Egg in a Hole is a Sometimes Treat."

It's been a good weekend so far!

No comments: