Saturday, October 06, 2007

More geekyness

1) One of the workouts I love at Time Out is BodyJam, which I've written about (just two posts back I believe). At Time Out, when a new class comes around every quarter, they usually do a hybrid - a shorter program (40 min versus 60), and they hold over a track or two from previous sessions, so that the class doesn't feel lost.

Of course, the instructor has to switch CDs to make it work... So one of the things I like to do is rip the CDs, and assemble a custom mix for them.

This time, I actually took the CDs home, and I noticed that the INSTRUCTOR DVDs were in there too... So I took a peek at the lessons that teach our instructors. And I just got so excited! It was fun to see the teaching points, and also to see the dance moves being done by a whole room full of people who know the moves... it helped me re-visualize the steps, and I think that if I can make the class Tuesday evening, I might just be able to Krump Jump a little better!

2) Technology is currently in full rebellion in my house: Two iPods have died in the past month: One of old age, and one from being sucked on by Isaac. So Bella officially had no music going for bedtime. I picked up the cheapest new iPod for her, and was amazed at the state of the art: The new Nano is ridiculously small, with an amazing screen, and the new menues.... I was stunned by how great the new ones are! And when you recycle a dead ipod, they give you a decent discount.

Now, I use Audiofy Bookchips for my language learning: These are SD chips with encrypted audio, which requires me to use my Palm Pilot... or a computer. Since it's encrypted, they're not simple files I can put on the Ipod.

Anyway, just in the past week, my 2-year old Palm Pilot has started to get ornery: It spontaneously reboots, it's unresponsive to the touch... it's starting to die. So now that's 3 audio players going south in a month... plus the hard drive crash last month (which I did recover from, thanks for the cards and letters)...

AND I should mention that the XBox360 I got for the Loesches died as well within a few days, and I had to return it and get another. I'm telling you, I have crazy technomojo. I give off mad electrons.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Re: technology in full rebellion - it stands to reason that the creations might pattern the dominant frame story of our age. God has a hard, hard job, I tell ya.