Tuesday, October 30, 2007

On the Eve of Halloween

Tonight there was a little pumpkin carving happening... Bella and I helped a cat face emerge from a small pumpkin. Bella did SOME of the carving, but there's a lot of Daddo in this project. We've been working harder on Isaac's eating: He's been seeming pretty grumpy these past few days, and I think it's because he wants/needs more and different foods, but is realizing he doesn't have the skills to eat them (because he's been such an ornery cuss about the whole deal). So we're back on the program of trying food out on him and we're sticking with it.

Because we want to sleep. Two wakeups a night is no good for the people. I'm getting pretty good at living on 3-4 hours of good sleep, but it's destroying Pamela.

Moving on,
This morning Bella came across some money in mom's purse: $15. "Wow, you could buy a lot of houses for fifteen dollars! Or a lot of hamburgers!" We're still working on the value of money I suppose...

While I was cleaning up Pamela's computer hard drive, I ran across a folder I hadn't noticed before, and being nosy I opened it. It was a cache of over 50 short videos from Bella's 18-month to 30-month period: We've been watching these treasures: Our current favorite is her walking hand in hand with me up the sidewalk on her second birthday. Here's the conversation:

"So Bella, do you know what today is?"
"TWO!"
"So it's your second birthday today?"
"YES - RIGHT NOW!"
"Happy Birthday, Bella!"
"THANKS!" (Said with a lisp, and an emphatic foot stomp).

On to bigger girl quotes: Out of the blue the other day, she said:
"Daddy, when we both are dead, I want to be buried right next to you so we're together forever and ever. And mommy can be right next to me too, and so can Isaac. And we can move Alexander too, so he's closer."
No good answer to that, except for a long long hug.

Final notes for the night:

Things are still going well at the day job - I've had successes this week, and I've been creative too - doing design work with pretty pictures of how I want screens to look. Days when I get to make drawings are good days for me.

It may be a few weeks before the actual piece of paper with my job comes out thanks to the byzantine rules of the larger company they're now a part of... So we're still going underground on this... but we remain positive.

We went to see the new George Clooney movie last night: My god, that man is so fantastic. And the movie wasn't half bad either.

That's the update for the day!

No comments: