Wednesday, October 03, 2007

PS - working out

I haven't given you a food OR workout update for months.

1) I'm now working out 3 times a week: 2 weights, one step. The club has created 3 days of 6am classes for me, and I'm singlehandedly shaming people into sticking with the program.... or they'll cancel the classes! We need a minimum average of 7 per class per day, and we're usually at 9-12, so we're doing GREAT. Step started up 3 weeks ago, and I've gone for two of the weeks... I love doing cardio in the AM - it just gets me PUMPED UP for the day!

This week, going to Jam with Bella at 5pm was hard because I'd already done a 6am weights class... I was almost asleep by 8, but toughed it out to 10. So yes, that means 4 workouts this week.

Should I mention that most of my pants are loose these days, with my boxers barely staying up? It's not bad skinny (the weight has gone into muscle in other parts of the body), it's trimness. Also, I can jump like 15 feet straight up into the air.

2) I have a new favorite lunch spot downtown: Harry's is on Washington Ave near the Guthrie, and it's cheffed by the former chef of Levain. It's American Bar Food done with artistic perfection. Every single french fry is perfect. The burger is a symphony of spice and hearty flavor. The decor is high-ceilinged class with a good warmth. It's 6 blocks from work, so I get a little walk in each way, perfect for a Pimsleur.

My other love is Cosi in the IDS, where the salty flatbread forms the basis for very fresh tasting sandwiches. I love a hummus with cucumber and tomato sandwich with a side of tomato basil soup... or a wasabi and ginger roast beef...

Downtown is fabulous.

No comments: