Thursday, March 06, 2008

Oh yeah

1) What happened to the language addict anyway? Really, when things went SOUTH with the old client, my available brainspace appears to have been voided. Add in the working-two-jobs thing, and the trying-to-maximize-family-time thing... And actually one more factor: It's been so dang cold that my primary language time is CAR time, and when I'm in the car right now, I just focus on warming up and getting there... and usually I'm AT the destination before I'm warm enough to think about another language!

I am cautiously optimistic that by getting down to one job AND the weather heating up a bit that I'll have more time and energy for my language pursuits! So keep an eye out for it!

In the meantime, I do have my conversational gambits ready for my dinner this weekend with real live Swedish people. Pamela stumbled across my DOC file and giggled about my crib notes. In a nice way.

2) Tonight we played go-fish with real cards... and Bella said it would be "no problem at all - it's got Jacks, Queens, and Kings right? Just like that other game. Checkers". I asked if she might mean CHESS, and she wasn't sure, but she and Casey definitely played checkers, and it had kings and queens, but no jacks. I asked how she did, and she said "I totally won: I got like TEN guys, and Casey only got ONE."

I am very curious as to what this game might have been.

And if you're wondering, it was a nail-biter right to the end, but she beat me fair and square. Her smile actually extended beyond the confines of her face somehow.

3) Ah my little boy. Tonight we went to The Burrito Store, just Dad and the Kids. And Isaac actually ate a few fingerfulls of Burrito (just cheese, rice, sour cream and beans - Bella style) - he seemed to really like it, however. So perhaps this will be a food that BOTH kids can agree upon! He even sat for the meal and didn't shriek. I was pinching myself.

4) Off to bed now... I do want to let you, my dedicated readership, know that I greatly appreciate you letting this serve as a primary communication vehicle in these busy times, and please don't take it poorly if I'm slow to respond to a call or email: As the posts may indicate, we're hanging on to life and sanity by the merest threads, and I am deeply grateful for your understanding.

No comments: