Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A conversation

Pamela sent me this conversation with Bella today:

b: mom- where does santa live?
p: well, legend has it that he lives at the north pole. where do you think he lives?
b; south carolina.
p: oh, really? you know where else I think he lives? in our hearts.
b: that was going to be my second guess.

b: mom......does.....it really exist......
(insert panic on mom's part about the big santa question)
.....south carolina?

p: yep, bella, it does.

pause

b: Wow, I finally remembered a state name!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Should we alert Stephen Colbert - I'm pretty sure he would get on board with the Santa Carolina story -? I like the idea that he is in South Carolina. I can see him chilling under a mimosa tree eating peaches. Remain calm, this loyal reader won't alert the media or other South Carolinians of note.

Jimmy B said...

Ah yes - Bella would love Stephen. Isaac too!

Anonymous said...

Bella might be told someday that her Grann grew up in South Carolina and her Aunt Kathy and Uncle Johnny were born there. It really does exist.