Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The new gig....

I've begun the ramp-up process on the NEW gig starting Monday... 5 hours of meetings so far. The only downside was that I NEED a PC to do this work. For the past 3 years, my gig has been writing and emailing and people management, for which a Mac is as good as anything. But this gig will require some PC only tools (Access, Visio, Project), and while I can run Visio and Project in a limited fashion on the Mac, it's not terribly fast... and Access would not work very well.

So I'm blogging this from a PC. Can you feel my joie de vivre somehow being sucked out of me by the very touching of the keys?

Back to the gig: There was no ramp up. I started in a meeting where there was a crisis, and decisions needed to be made, and heads were turning my direction for my advice. Strangely enough, I actually HAD advice, and was able to help plot a course of action. It's strange to sometimes have to remember that.... I'M GOOD AT THIS STUFF. That's why I'm doing well in this business.

In other news: Moog just released a new Synthesizer: It's called "Little Phatty". How ADORABLE.

No comments: