Thursday, March 09, 2006

Project Manager

So my little project for world domination:  The supergroup is called "Project Manager" and we sing songs of life in corporate america.  The first track, "I, Consultant" is in the can (awaiting vocals, actually).  The song has a moby-esque feel.

The second track has come along nicely.  "Requirements" is the name, and it has a very Cabaret Voltaire like groove (Code-era).  It's now ready for guitar and vocals too - so Caesar and Paul better get CRACKING.

The other night, I sent a rough mix to Caesar, and the next morning got an email back "Oh look, what happened?  The track has guitar on it!"  My response was "Knock knock,  Who's there?  INTERNATIONAL MEGAHIT."

When I finished the mix last night, I somehow decided to up the Tempo 1bpm (106 to 107) completely forgetting that Caesar already had tracks laid...  and my little bump threw all his work off.  Nice guy that I am, I re-bounced it at his preferred tempo.  

Work life continues... I'm just wrapping stuff up at Client 1, and Client 2 continues at their low level of hum... Client 3 should start up next week!  

And regular readers will be relieved to know that Ryan is back at work in the Coffee Shop, as is the "girl who makes the sandwiches".  I didn't ask about monday, but I registered my pleasure at seeing them by buying a sandwich for lunch and being very vocal about how good it looked.  (Truth be told, it WAS delicious).

No comments: