Saturday, July 21, 2007

The end of the week

Well, my first full week at the new client went well... and my first mostly full week away from the old one went well too! I only got a couple of little emails - mostly very detail-level questions for followup, and nothing that would indicate that they don't understand what's going on... so I'm pretty happy about THAT!

At the new client, I've decided to try to learn a bit more about the business of the Cardiologists... so I'm doing some looking at online resources to learn about the ticker. I now know more about what MI is, what bypass surgery is, how CV imaging works, now echocardiology works, what stents look like, what they're looking for in EKGs, and so much more. It's very cool... It definitely makes you want to take care of the heart - it's actually pretty important to your health. ;->

Actual Work is pretty mellow: I've been doing mostly research in exactly how the budgets were put together, what was promised before my arrival, and what they really expect to see in the next year. It's very self-directed - I'm expected to figure it all out and am empowered to make it happen. So there are times when I'm feeling a little unproductive, because I'm THINKING, not DOING. But this is a critical stage and I should not skip over it.

In sad news, Mister Jaguar has a pretty big dent in his front fender, and we'll definitely have to go to the body shop (unlike the other nicks and scratches, this one will need to be resolved sooner than later). Not money we were looking forward to spending, but so it goes.

This morning, Bella was talking a mile a minute, and gave us very clear signs: SHE NEEDS TO GO PLAY WITH ANOTHER KID. So Jenny was up to the task for an hour until she needed to go to a party, and now Bella is with Lauren, an 8 year old up the block who is so very sweet. In between playdates, we lolled on the back porch and watched a Bee and a Butterfly float between flowers in our garden. Bella was transfixed. The girl loves the nature, I tell you.

I'm watching out the window for owls (or UPS trucks) who are to bring me my copy of Harry Potter 7. The plan is to stay engaged with the family today, actually participate in life. But tonight, I'll read... while Pamela watches a movie she's been planning to see: It'll be a night of Miss Potter and Harry Potter. In the meantime, the rice is cooking for leftover thai, and Isaac is 90 minutes into a good morning nap. The doors and windows are open and there's a nice breeze. Ahhh.

No comments: