Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Quick before bed

It's 9pm and I'm about to fall asleep... it is time for rest. But before I nod off, I must tell you that I have seen an object FROM THE FUTURE. The iPhone.

People, the hype is entirely deserved. This is one of the most beautiful objects in form and function I have encountered. As I flipped through pictures, surfed the web, and placed a call, my mouth went dry and my heart started racing. I started to think of how, just HOW this could enter my life.

Which is not to say I need it: I have a phone. It syncs with my email and my contacts and my calendar. It works. I have an ipod or five and they all play beautiful music, and one even does videos for me. What the iphone can do is not something I cannot do now. But it's something I could do BETTER with an iphone.

And so, as I rest, I will dream of this technology... of this amazing object that has fallen through a rip in space and time, out of a fabulous future where our tools are sculpted extensions of our minds...

Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

resistance is fertile - just say "no" - freedom's just another word for nothing left to buy.