Thursday, April 13, 2006

Back to work...

It's week number two at the "new client"... and things are still going well. Every day I learn a few new things that makes something that was mentioned a week earlier suddenly make "sense". Fortunately, I seem to be "getting it" pretty quickly and people are satisfied with my output.

My first big exposure to the "big group" was to collect their signatures (14 of them) to validate that a software upgrade on Monday had been tested by the team leads. A similar upgrade 5 months ago had gone poorly, but nobody had taken responsibility for testing... so I got names and signatures.

I did have a bit of a grim moment yesterday: I was walking around meeting people, and one of the employees took a look at my badge, said "oh, you're a TEMP" and walked away just like that. WOW. There are definitely some issues with the consultants "versus" the employees.

At home, we're preparing for Easter - The in-laws are coming to stay for a while, Bella's birth family is coming to visit, and our house is a bit topsy turvy, as we had decided to do some "deep organization", which means the clutter behind the doors was brought out and rearranged...

It's sort of making me hyperventalate, actually.

No comments: