Wednesday, April 26, 2006

The Good Life

1) I finished the tracks for the 4th Project Manager track, and it SMOKES. I'm very excited about this song, and about the Project Manager concept in general. And now that Paul and Caesar are done with their little "side project" (warming up for Thomas Dolby in Seattle and Portland) they can focus on this REAL work - getting guitar, bass, and vocals for the four Project Manager tracks.

2) Work is getting better and better: Remember the guy who walked away from me, calling me a temp? Well, he may or may not have been being "funny" then, but he has come around and is really quite nice to me now. So that's a positive.

Also, my first big project is in mid swing right now, coordinating a 2 week synchronization project with 15 people involved... and it's going pretty well. But get this: I got an actual thank you card for my work on this. A handwritten thank you with a picture of a kitten on it. And it was given NON-IRONICALLY. It almost brought me to tears.

3) Bella has been on a very amusing tear this week (after the brainstorms). Pamela wrote me today to tell me she was singing the following song:

"Bills, bills, bills... nothing but bills....
Bills, bills, bills... nothing but bills....
Cadillac, Cadillac, CADILLAC!"

I have NO idea where this came from, but it made me laugh for a good 10 minutes.

No comments: