Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Being Sassy for fun and profit

In a meeting today, the management brass was musing out loud on our need to "take care of our people" - apparently they've got a few resignations in the past week, lots of people are feeling stressed out and foolishly believe the grass is greener at other sites (HA!).

It should surprise no one that I had a recommendation for improving employee morale: "Espresso Machine". Yes, I actually said it.

Because this meeting went long, I was on my own for lunch today... and was able to secure a post-lunch espresso as well. Two things I noticed: First, the probably-an-evangelical-trap coffee "house" had a neon sign saying "open" today. As if I'm going to fall for THAT one. Sorry Charlie.

Secondly, I learned that Navy Recruiters don't think it's funny to either dance to or comment on their extremely fruity disco cellphone ringtones. I could have guessed that one though.

No comments: