Sunday, April 30, 2006

The land of Wheeeee

Another multiple subject post:
1) The Audi Allroad is gone - long live the Mini! Yes, we downsized the big inefficient wagon (17mpg average?) and got a Mini Cooper S! Chili Red with a white top and white alloys, this is a ZIPPY machine. I drove it all day yesterday, Pamela today, and there may be some fighting over who "gets" this car on a daily basis. WHEEEEEE! Still not as efficient as a bike (sorry TimmyP)... but it is a better thing for my world at least.

Also, it is cool.

2) Watched "Enron, The Smartest Guys in the Room". Very interesting how it broke down the complicated finances for easy consumption. One misstep I think: Why show strippers when you're talking about one of the exec's love of strippers? I don't think the boobies actually helped make a point. Another interesting point - they focused not on legality, but on ethics - even if nobody goes to prison (besides Fastow), there's no question that Ethics were "on hold" at that company.

3) We might might might have an actual GIG in a few weeks... Thomas Dolby is coming to St Paul, and Paul and Caesar are checking to see if they can wrangle an invite to warm up again... and this time Nick (the Chicken) and I would back them up on Keys and Drums. COOL. I'll keep you posted on this. Not a done deal, but if it works, it'll be neat.

4) We were driving in the rain yesterday, and Bella said "what's that sound?" I answered "what sound?", to which she replied several completely odd things:
- The sound like a train tipping over.
- The sound of a duck with a brick on it
I wish I had written them down - there were 6 of them....

No comments: