Friday, April 21, 2006

The Incredibles

The in-laws were in town all week, and it was wonderful to have them... they're such nice people and we always have a good time. And yet, it was also very nice to have the house back to ourselves tonight. Bella and I had some fun snuggle time, and Pamela got to do some serious vegging - which she needs because she has completely lost her voice!

So even though I've had a 4th Project Manager track knocking around my head all week, I decided tonight needed to be about relaxing. So I kicked back with my favorite movie of all time: The Incredibles.

I have seen this movie over a dozen times, and I am brought to tears and out loud laughter every damn time. This is a movie that hits EVERY geek point I have. I see Fantastic Four, X-Men, Superman, Spiderman references throughout, and it reminds me of being a 12 year old geek drawing superhero comics with all of my friends as a super team. I'm amazed that the movie can still surprise me, that there is no "flab", no moment I tire of... it is a movie that Brad Bird might as well have drawn from my fondest dreams and memories and conjured up just for my pleasure.

It was a wonderful way to end a week of good laughs and company... add to this I got to spend time with MANY of my dearest friends this week - Lunches with Paul and Mark, Dinners with Nick and Yoshi, seeing Anne and Tony today - I'm feeling very connected with my world. And my friends Caesar and Paul S are having their own successes this week, opening up for Thomas Dolby in Portland and Seattle as Basic Pleasure Model.

Can I only mention that my work had some success as well - I have really started to feel like I'm adding value, and I'm getting good kudos from my peers and bosses. AND I found good coffee just 3 blocks away from work... in North Minneapolis (sorry Robbinsdale).

It'll be an early morning as I wait in line to register Bella for summer classes... so off to bed with me. But I had to share some joy with all... 3 (?) of my readers...

No comments: