Wednesday, May 24, 2006

What's the latest?

Work: I'm just digging into the enormity of the task that sits before me with the "activation manager" role: Basically, make sure the entire hospital is ready for the upcoming upgrade. Make sure there's staff. Make sure the PCs and Printers are set up. Create a "war room" with network and phones. Find out whether the vendor support people coming in for this need TB tests before working on the hospital floors. Really.

This will be a big deal. And it sounds really fun!

So it's a perfect time for me to take on a second client, right? Looks like I'll be doing a strategy assessment for a friend's business - long and short term planning for how their systems need to work... lots of up front work, plus a trickle for a while to make sure my vision is adhered to (or changed as needed).

Working OUT: I did my third "BodyPump" class today, and I've been able to up the weights each time... I loooove it.

Music: I have a FIFTH Project Manager song in the cooker. My compatriots got the sketch last night, and the verdict is... it's a keeper. The song is called "Team Building". A bit slower, like ABC's SOS from 1983.

Weekend: Looking forward to an "Incredible Scotch Night" on Saturday. Two good friends have somehow NOT seen "The Incredibles", and they also do like the single malt scotch. So why not enjoy BOTH in my home? Should be a good time. It's a continuation of the Scotch Matrix series that we did last fall...

PS: When Ryan Seacrest says "That's it for the Guest Stars" and one second later, Prince is up on the stage.... how am I supposed to TRUST Ryan Seacrest?

No comments: