Saturday, May 20, 2006

Workin' OUT

This morning I got up early to join the BodyPump class as my little fitness studio - this one is a weights class, with lots of curls, presses, and lunges... And I came to realize that I have literally NO strength in my shoulders and triceps. I was very shakey-armed by the end... but at the same time I was also able to do a lot of the workout as planned too.

Now I have a goal: To do both the Step and the Weights programs well. I'll approach it like my language! So just get used to "Jimmy the Jock". One interesting side effect - being more active like this, at least this first week, I have not needed much coffee at all... hmm... is this REALLY a good idea? I think my Espresso machine will be lonely.

We had a cookout with my sister today, and took a walk afterwards. In a park, Bella directed me and my sister to do tumbling moves she learned in class: She's show us the move and tell us to do it. She really loved being the teacher. I flipped her out by doing an uncalled-for front-handspring.

The front handspring is one of those things that, despite my gangly-ness, I have always been able to do (well, since college). It's like playing the spoons - a skill that you don't need to bring out often, but when i do, it's to great effect.

I really don't know why doing this particularly difficult move doesn't cause me harm. I just know how to do it.

1 comment:

Jimmy B said...

It is a thing of grace and elegance. It must be seen to be believed.