Tuesday, October 03, 2006

The cold from....

Monday morning I woke up not feeling 100%, but made it off to work anyway. By 10, it was clear that I was NOT in good shape, so I fled for home and dove under the covers. I had... a COLD.

Last night, Pamela encouraged me to take the 3rd floor bedroom, so I could be well rested for today. So I did, but rest was not in the cards. Bella had gone to sleep around 8pm, but woke up around midnight crying for mommy. As the 3rd floor bedroom is right above Bella's room, I got to hear it all.

At 3, I got a call to come downstairs, Bella needed someone to cuddle and Isaac was hungry. So I climbed into Bella's bed, and noticed that she was not actually falling asleep - for a good half hour, she was just lying there semi-awake. Her breathing never lapsed into that good sleep sound. Sure enough, after that half hour, she started crying for Mom, not me.

I trudged back upstairs, and heard Bella wake up every half hour or so all night. When my alarm went off at 6:30, I came down to find Bella in bed with Mom, but still not fully asleep. Isaac was hungry, so I took care of him. Around this time, I realized that my cold was in no way better, in fact worse. So after packing a few ounces into Isaac, I called in sick.

Both Pamela and Bella looked like sleepy zombies this morning, and I did what I could to help out... before passing out for the rest of the day. Now Pamela and Bella are taking a good nap, I'm puttering around a little bit, feeling a TOUCH better, Isaac has a full tummy again.

Hopefully we'll be back on an even keel by tomorrow (and hopefully Pamela will not get this cold - it is EVIL). I need my health back to prepare for the big golive in just 8 days at work!!!!

Also, with BrainReady launching, I need to do more worksheets for the people! Apparently there are people signing up who we do not know... it's getting out there beyond out immediate sphere! How cool!!!!

No comments: