Friday, October 06, 2006

The party animal

I've got to get better sleep. Last night I woke up and was convinced that somehow Isaac had wound up in bed with us, and I needed to get him back into his Bassinet. I got up and started to wrap him up in a blanket when he moved up and over Pamela's chest... which shouldn't have been possible. Except for one fact. I was ACTUALLY trying to put Pamela's ELBOW into the bassinet. Good old sleep deprivation hallucinations!

No illusion here, Isaac is a VERY alert young guy. He really likes being awake and loves stimulus. Cuddles, talking, rocking, you name it. Just last night, we discovered that at two weeks, we could shake a rattle to the left, and he'd look left, shake it to the right of him, and he'd look right.

Tonight I was wagging my fingers and moving my hand slowly across his field of vision, and he was tracking it like a hawk.

It's just remarkable to see these stages of development! He's just outgrown his tiny "going home" outfit. Fortunately, we were gifted a larger size as well, and since it's covered in rocket ships, saucers, and planets, I'm relieved.

We have a new name for him: Babatron2006 - the guy can DEMOLIST bottles. Especially since we switched him to a low-lactose formula...

Papabam are here for a visit, and we're having a lot of fun - Isaac's room will be painted this weekend with a space/robots theme of course. But recall that the last time Papa painted a room for a baby, we moved not 6 months later. We're not moving this time.

Finally, I should just mention to my loyal fans: NO I have not done any language ANYTHING since this little guy showed up. The brainspace just isn't there yet. Also, I have not worked out... which does make me sad. On the other hand, i'm inclined to cut myself a LITTLE slack since I'm working 50 hour weeks, just had a horrible multi-day cold, Bella's still sick, and a little creature called Isaac in the house. ;->

No comments: