Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Killer Sudoku

Yesterday I was suffering a terrible lunch at the client cafeteria, and I had printed out a couple of Sudokus from the UK Guardian website (www.guardian.co.uk/sudoku) and one was something called "Killer Sudoku". This was to sudoku as flying a NASA Rocket is to hang gliding. Pure evil.

Same basic concept - 1-9 each row, column, and square. But instead of any numbers to help you, there are little boxes around 2-4 squares, and a SUM that the numbers within will tally. I say it was FIENDISH. I did make it through 1/3 of the puzzle before giving up, realizing that I MAY think I was done with that third, but because no number would be fixed in place until it was ALL done, and I had started in PEN, this just wasn't going to be do-able.

So you, hat in my hand, I tell you this defeated me. But those of you who know me will probaby realize that in 2 weeks, I'll post something about how I've spent 10 hours and now I totally understand Killer Sudoku and they're no big deal. Watch this space.

In FAMILY news - Bella's been needing extra reasurrance that she's still important to us, so for the third night she woke up at 1am and wanted to climb into our bed. I need to work out the real estate, because I THINK that it's Pamela 50%, Bella 30%, Jimmy 20% in terms of real estate. At times, I believe I am balancing 1/3 of my body over the edge of the bed. Maybe we need a king size.

Squirmy Isaac continues to prove himself a champion snoozer - up to 5 hours at a stretch in the night time. THANK YOU ISAAC.

Off to work I go. Hopefully when I get home, a box with the replacement HD for my MacBook will be here, and I'll be a portable computer guy again. I was teased somewhat relentlessly at work yesterday for taking notes... ON PAPER. Apple - if you're reading this, they were denigrating the brand, saying "get a real computer" etc etc. Perhaps if you want to send me one of those new super Macbooks Pros, I can wave it in their faces and say.... um... I got a free computer, so take THAT. That would really show them, eh? Let's do that! Call me, Steve. ;)

No comments: