Saturday, October 21, 2006

Pleased to Meet You...

Hi! I’m Jim and this is my Blog “JimVentions”. Please welcome me back to the real world.

As you may have noticed, I’ve been somewhat focused on my work in the past few months. I’m pleased to announce that the impossible job I was handled was put into production a week and a half ago, and it seems to be going relatively well. Yes, we’ve had some problems, but nothing unrecoverable, and in general it looks like the organization sees this as a “success”.

My hours are starting to go back down to earth: by Friday I was back to 9 hours, and no midnight shifts are in sight. I had a meeting in which we were talking about what’s coming up in the next few months… and it was refreshing to start being planful again, to get out of the “Now Crisis”.

All indicators are I’ll be at this client to help with more work well into 2007: I’ve got very nice notes from VPs and the CIO thanking me for pulling this all together. And I am still sorting out exactly HOW I did it, but somehow I did get all those people moving in the right direction, movitated and believing they could make this deadline.





So I think life is starting to come back down to normal, which I need, Pamela needs, and Bella and Isaac need.

So look for more of the classic Jimmy stuff to come again in the next few weeks – lots of cute Bella and Isaac stories, more crazy schemes, more Language adventures, and more nerd-tasy.

Also, please do enjoy these fine pictures of my lovely family. My job in the next week is to get a picture of Isaac where he doesn’t look goggle-eyed and stupefied. He really does smile and laugh and coo – he’s a wonderful boy. He makes me smile and sing.

And yes, TODAY is Zero-Day: On Monday they’ll check with the courts to see if any unexpected challenges have been filed prior to today, and barring that VERY unlikely event, Isaac is officially a Balabuszko-Reay (after the formality of a court appearance sometime in the next 2 months).

I can’t help but update that things with Brainready.com are going very well too: We have over a hundred interested readers, people like the puzzles and the podcasts, and we’re starting to get some advertisers together (we may have a green tea partnership firing up….). Crazily, Brainready really does look like something could happen with it, and if I hadn’t been so completely swamped, I think I would have been crowing about it a bit more.

And that’s the update tonight! It’s good to be back!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

WELCOME BACK JIMMY, WE MISSED YOU, LOVE THE PICTURES, CONGRATULATIONS ON A JOB WELL DONE, NOW GET IN SOME RELAXOS.

Anonymous said...

Oh those photos! Oh you've made my day already. Thank you for all the updating.
Question: is Bella looking at her first house across the street?
Isaac is such a beauty. I thought of you yesterday and Friday - one whole month. He's just thriving.
So many "good job!" s.

Jimmy B said...

Good morning! Bella is looking out to the street waiting for her birth family to arrive for her late birthday celebration. She braved the cold to greet them!