Sunday, October 29, 2006

Recovery

1) My Macbook got it's fresh hard drive, and all has been recovered. It's working like a champ, and it's good to have my buddy back.

2) We've attacked the clothes piles upstairs, and I believe we're now winning the battle against laundry. Adding in one more set of jammies wasn't the problem, it was all of the blankets and towels we're blazing through with little mister mcspitty. Also, in the past weeks, we've sort of deferred some of the clothes "filing" so there were a couple of outposts of not put away things... but we've caught up!!!

Vigilance must be our watchword going forward, never let our guards down.

3) Isaac again proved a champion sleeper - over 6 hours last night! What a guy! Tonight as I bounced him to sleep on my lap, he held onto my fingers as he drifted off, and it was actually pretty hard to pry his little grip off! Not that I really wanted to - he's just soooo sweet. We tried to move him to a different bottle today - but he's not as "effective" with it, and he got pretty frustrated. We'll need to keep trying, however, since what he LOVES are the sample nipples we got from the hospital which were supposed to be disposable, use once, and I cannot find them in the wild!

4) If all goes according to plan, I hope to be working out again tomorrow - assuming they haven't canceled the 6am Mon-Thurs class, I'll BE THERE! It's been over 5 weeks... alas...

5) I got to be solo daddo for a few hours today with Squirmy (or "Squrims" as Bella calls him), and I have to say I'm amazed that Pamela was able to get ANYTHING done in the past month - he just occupies your attention, and time passes, and I imagine adding Bella into that mix, and I have a true appreciation for what an amazing job Pamela did in keeping our life together with the kids, and the big illness a couple of weeks back, AND my crazy work life in the past 2 months... I can only hope that with things slowing back down I can really give her some breaks and pay her back for the great work she's been doing!!!!

Time for bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Everyone!
Congratulations on Squirmy's permanent residency in the BR crib!
I love Bella's purple accent!
Have a Happy Halloween, y'all!
From Yoshi Down Unduh