Thursday, October 12, 2006

Silent Night...

All's quiet here on the go-live front. No major issues, the phones aren't ringing... It's going well.

Yesterday, as I took my two hour nap prior to the all-nighter, I had a very vivid visualization of what would happen if gravity stopped working in the command center. I saw all the loose papers, pens, computers all drifting, and then I grew nervous about the file cabinets. I resolved to steer clear of those in case gravity came back on... Then I got to thinking, how long after gravity stopped working would you continue to brace yourself for it coming back on - 5 min? 30 min? When would you let your guard down, and possibly fall in an unpleasant manner?

These are important things to consider. Of course, then I started wondering just how gravity would get turned off, and the most obvious solution is that the hospital would be hurtling through space, which got me thinking about how airtight the facility really is, and if the lack of gravity would really be noticed if there was no air. VERY important. So welcome to my mind I suppose.

Time for a BellaQuote:
She visited the doctor and got some DumDum lollipops for her treat. She unwrapped one and announced it's "Can Flavored". We looked at the wrapper, and it was a barrel - Rootbeer flavor.

She unwrapped another an announced it was "Think Flavored". Puzzled, we looked at the wrapper: It was the "mystery flavor", and it had question marks all over it. She pointed to the question marks and said, "See? THINK flavor".

She's back to full health (as am I), and she's sleeping through the night again... it's great to have my girl back!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heavenly peace. May it continue to be so.
Can there be anything more satisfying than looking back at all you have accomplished - with Pam, certainly - in the past month? You've truly risen to all the occasions you've been offered.

And your sleep deprived sci fi account of the past week have made this loyal reader laugh out loud. Thank you.