Thursday, October 12, 2006

The world did not end, apparently

From my early AM dispatch yesterday, things went from bad to worse, then better, then worse, then pretty good. People were being pretty good and working together well... and by 9am we had most of the critical issues well in hand. I wrote up status reports, padded around the floors, and generally tried to be useful... but by 11am, it was clear I was getting fried (that two hour nap didn't quite do the trick of a full night's sleep). I was in slightly better shape than my counterpart, who worked the same shift but did NOT take an early evening break... zombie!

So I got sent home, and I took a 5 hour nap in the afternoon, to get myself ready for another shift tonight from 10pm to noon. After tonight, I'll move to day shifts for the weekend... yep, no weekend for me! This is what we've been working for, the crunch is inevitable, and must simple be endured.

The 75 tubs of Donut Holes fit handily in the mini - I could have maybe fit 25 more for a good 100.

Since 5:30, I've been up and playing with Isaac and Bella, and it's been wonderfully recharging - they definitely help me remember what the big priorities in life are!

No comments: