Sunday, April 13, 2008

Already up and running

Within 2 hours of getting this new machine home, I had all of my files in and working perfectly. I'm back to a Macbook Pro (the silver thing) but I did NOT get the Macbook AIR: I had over 140 gig of miscellaneous stuff on my hard drive (music files, videos, samples for music making, pictures, a few DVD images, a full MS Windows instance....) To have to pare that down by 50% to fit on the tiny Macbook Air hard drive was unthinkable. So I got the big brother, and I moved it all across, and still have 100 gig to spare!!! YES.

So I'm back, and hopefully THIS mac won't give me any guff. Not sure what I'll do with the old one: I'd have a hard time selling it to someone with the caveat "it eats hard drives every 8 months or so"... so I think it'll get recycled. Maybe.

No comments: