Tuesday, April 08, 2008

More Amazinger

1) Bella in the car this afternoon on the way to the party store:

"You know we did an ABC song today in school, but the SONG was Jingle Bells
But you know what's even more amazinger? I just saw TWO DUCKS!!!!"

This was one of those great parent moments when everything gels in a second:
- She's learned to decouple music from words, so she got that the melody was one thing and the words were different.
- But she's still my nature loving observant girl
- And she uses words like Amazinger.

Pamela will be decorating church for the big auction this weekend, and brought a budget to Litin Paper. Bella was a very helpful and serious assistant. Isaac ran and ran and ran and ran and ran. I was happy because I found some very cheesy Ockoberfest pictures (huge stacks of sausage, smiling people in lederhosen) that will be decorating my bosses office tomorrow.

2) Bella's current favorite instrument to play at Guitar Center is the Acoustic Guitar - they have 3/4 size ones for kids, but she's still WAY too small, and those big steel strings are impossible for her delicate hands to fret. So my good music geek buddy Jeff H recommended the Ukelele. But how to get Bella interested?

Thank goodness for America Idol - tonight one of our favorite guys was out there playing "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" with the Ukelele (the Israel Kam...kamika...big hawaiian guy version) and Bella loved the Uke. So I think we're primed. UKES AWAY!

3) Rosetta Stone Swedish: Level 1, Unit 5, Lesson 11: The first person has finally arrived. So it's around the 50th lesson, you learn how to say "I". "We" showed up in Lesson 9 actually.... Oh, and here's how they do it (since it's all pictures) - pictures with word balloons. Brilliant.

Pamela is STRONGLY encouraging me that once I'm done with this Swedish course (probably in 3 weeks) that I consider Arabic. I previewed some materials, and it seems like a good bet. Of course I'll also keep on with my Mandarin refresh. Because that's how I roll.

No comments: