Saturday, April 12, 2008

Swimming with Isaac

Well, Isaac is 18 months, so we figured we'd take him to the Foss Swim School. This is a father-son deal, so even though we work up a bit late this morning, we made it work: Isaac and I had fun hanging out in the pool together, BUT he was NOT very interested in any of the "how to actually swim" things: In fact he cried a LOT the more we got into the class...

The teacher - a nice Aussie - told me that it can take several classes before the kids start doing any of the exercises... but it was just surprising to me that mister daredevil got so scared in the water! We'll see how he does in subsequent weeks!

Bella came along, and surprise - her best friend Jenny was taking a class at the same time (though it had started 15 min earlier... so it got out 15 min early) - so Bella joined Jenny for breakfast next door at Panera while Scream-o-Tron and I finished our class and got dried off and changed.

Since we got home, I've barely heard from Bella: She's been playing with friends here, there, and everywhere for the last 6 hours and counting... she'll sleep well tonight! Much better than yesterday, when she only played with friends for 2 hours before "differences of opinion" led to the group breaking up and Bella crying. She's such a sensitive girl, but sometimes her stubbornness gets in the way too. These kids with their willpower!

Tonight is the big Church Auction: Last year I wound up going to a Spanish-only dinner as a result... we'll see what goodies are on offer! I have not seen Pamela much for the past 2 days - this is her big thing she does for church - the setup and decoration. She loves it!

So this week coming up, it's a quick jaunt off to Boston for me! Newbury Comix, here I come!

No comments: