Thursday, April 10, 2008

Dodging Denver

I was supposed to be in Denver tonight, to attend a meeting tomorrow... but something about the weather just made me question whether I HAD to do it, and it turns out there was some wiggle room. I literally stepped out of the security line at the airport and turned around. Between the weather and all those poor American Airlines souls, there's unquestionably bad airport karma right now. So while the world gets coated in ice out there, I sit by my fire and blog.

Things I love right now:
1) Lagavulin Distillers Edition: Smoky Lagavulin with a smooth sherry front end. A fine evening by the fire dram.
2) The new Madonna/Justin Timberlake song: 4 Minutes. The song is RELENTLESS.
3) The song Konnichiwa B*tches by Robyn: "I'll be knocking you down like I was in demolition, I'll be counting you out like a mathematician"
in the intro to the album, the following claim is made about her:
"She's listed in section 202 of the United Nations Security Act of 1979
as being too hot to wear tight sweaters on international airspace"


Poor Isaac didn't sleep enough last night and took a really long nap this afternoon, so I figured he wouldn't get tired for a while... and yet he totally collapsed right on time tonight. All the while he was babbling all sorts of new words and sounds - I think he literally overloaded his brain today and crashed.

Bella on the other hand was out playing at Casey's tonight: They called around dinnertime and said "Bella said she loves steak, so we invited her to stay for dinner". So I guess she eats steak now. I asked her about it tonight, whether she would eat it again, and she said "Yes, but not from an oven again. I'd eat it if a CHEF made it".

Well, time for more Swedish! I can't start on Arabic until this Swedish Monkey is off my back. Ah the fickle life of the language addict.

No comments: