Saturday, April 19, 2008

Le Weekend

I made it home safely from Bos-shu-don... and spent the rest of the week in tooth-grinding frustration as we moved to the new "network" at work. I was without email for hours, unable to access even basic information, and nobody seemed able to figure out why. Fast forward to the end of the day Friday and it all got sorted out.

The one big issue for me is that we've lost the ability to access our work email via the web (as far as I can tell) - so it's either on the blackberry, or on the giant ancient windows brick they've given me... with a security system that rivals most hospital systems I've worked for. But I adjust. I move on. This too shall pass.

This morning we went to swim class with Isaac again, and this time went much better: First off, I didn't make the same mistakes (leaving the clothes where they might get wet, leaving things in a stall rather than in a cubby, getting dressed in the wrong order) I learned, and I was far more efficient. Secondly, Isaac was much more comfortable this time, and only screamed and cried at a FEW of the exercises, and even seemed game to trying a few things out. I can see that his familiarity is growing by the minute, and by next week, he'll probably be laughing and playing.

One thing we made it through this week: Pamela did a metabolism reset program - going low glycemic, fixed calorie for 5 days. It was perhaps lucky that I was out of town for two of those days, because it was hard hard hard for my east-European bread lover to come down... but by last night we were toasting her success. Add to this we're both exercising with regularity now, and you're looking at a healthy household.

We saw a great movie last night - Juno. It is a cheeky, irreverent, but sweet movie about adoption, and we found ourselves identifying with things all throughout... even if the story isn't exactly reflectve of either Isabella or Isaac's history... A good date night.

So it's just a quick update while the house naps on a chilly Saturday afternoon - Bella's out with Casey, Isaac and Pamela are having a late nap, and I just got up from mine. Perhaps it's time for some Swedish?

No comments: