Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Back in San Fran

Took a red-eye to San Francisco last night and wound up feeling somewhat terrible today - mild cold, or exhaustion, or allergies, or something. I'm taking it easy (in case you're thinking I plan to do the Monterey Bay Aquarium and then nip up to Wine Country. No car this time, and a lot more work... though not MEETINGS per se.

After a morning spent wrangling text and reviewing documentation and being on a loooong conference call, it was time to get out and walk a little... No grand plans of adventure, I just thought that I'd like to see the water, so I set off for Pier 39 to see the Sea Lions.

My meandering took me straight up to the top of Telegraph Hill, where I saw the legendary parrots and wandered down the rickety wooden stairs down the sheer face of the cliff that is that hill... Once at the Pier, I was amused by the seals and horrified by just about everything else down there. I did watch a huge containership putt putt by, which was far more interesting than the legions of saxophonists jamming with portable speakers pumping out nightmarish backing tracks... they're like the new panflute peruvians, or conga guys. Spaced just far enough apart that they could be heard distinctly.

Back to the room to do more reading for my big presentation in a few weeks...

It'll be an early night tonight as I try to recover here... I need some food, and will get it close by, then perhaps some tv shows until morpheus lures me to his domain. There will be no club hopping, nor sunsets at the top of the Mark. No, I need some rest.

No comments: