Thursday, April 24, 2008

Beefeaters

Home safe. Yes.

One of the things I got in San Francisco was a reissue of the Miroslav Sasek "This is London" book from 1959. Beautiful pictures and it really makes you think about how much has changed in the last 49 years over there... and over here.

Anyway, as I was reading it to Bella tonight, I pointed at a picture and said "That's a Beefeater - he's a kind of a guard at the Tower of London".

A page later, Bella stopped me, flipped the page back, and asked "Why do they feed bees there?"

Beef Eater = Bee Feeder?

The other thing from tonight: Bella has adopted a new pet: A small watermelon on which she has drawn a happy face, on a blanket in a basket. This "pet" is a bit cuter, I think, than her other "pets", which are cotton balls in mason jars filled with water.

She is nothing if not creative.

No comments: